SPECTRUM_catalog_2023
52Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 1

2023 Digitizers | Transient Recorders | Arbitrary Waveform Generators | Digital Waveform Acquisition Cards for PCI Express, PXI Express and LXI / Ethernet

Open the catalog to page 1
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 4

Dear valued customers and friends, We are very pleased to present our current catalog and would like to take the opportunity to give you a few insights into the topics that have been on our minds at Spectrum lately. You have long been familiar with our extensive range of fast, high-precision digitizers and Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWGs). In addition, you will find a development in our product range that fills us with pride: the new cards of the M5i series. With these three latest generation digitizers, we have succeeded in making the world's first modular digitizer cards that use the...

Open the catalog to page 4
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 5

In quantum research, Spectrum AWG cards are used because of their unique precision. Their extremely precise control signals containing practically no noise are used to drive lasers which then move single atoms. The Arbitrary Waveform Generator M4i.6622-x8 has made it possible to explore the quantum behavior of electrons in an ionic lattice by simulating this system with atoms. Our measurement cards are not only used in cancer research - e.g., in the world's fastest cell sorter developed by the University of Tokyo - but also in a new type of small MRI scanner for babies, which will be...

Open the catalog to page 5
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 6

2009 In the year 2009, the M3i series was introduced, starting with a 500 MS/s digitizer and followed by a digitizer card reaching 1 GS/s speed a year later. Meanwhile, the cards of the MI and M2i series were successfully sold around the world, being used in many companies, universities and for many OEM products. All three series formed a range of 320 different products! 2011 Spectrum delivered 140 digitizer cards to CERN. Since then, they are used to control the Beam Dumping System of the LHC, the largest particle accelerator in the world. 1996 Spectrum created its first 12 bit digitizer...

Open the catalog to page 6
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 7

2019 With the release of the M2p AWG, Spectrum finished the replacement of the older product ranges MI, M2i and M3i and now has a modern range of nearly 200 instrumentation products, all designed within the last 5 years. The new M4i series was extended with Arbitrary Waveform Generators offering up to 1.25 GS/s of data generation rate. The more than 400 obsolete products are still in production for existing customers to allow a smooth replacement inside the various projects. 2016 Spectrum released PXIe version of all its fast M4i-series Digitizers and AWGs. The PXIe cards share the same...

Open the catalog to page 7
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 8

Spectrum's Philosophy Designed to Last At Spectrum, we believe in long-term partnerships. If it is necessary to end a product line due to obsolete parts, we help with the transition to successor products. Furthermore, all products that have been released since 2000 are available for existing customers as long as we get the parts on the market. Support, updates, repairs and calibration is part of the long life cycle. Modularity Brings Flexibility Spectrum has a unique design philosophy. By using a modular design, platform boards are populated with different analog and digital daughter-boards...

Open the catalog to page 8
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 9

Table of Contents Prefaces . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . History . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Spectrum’s Philosophy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Applications . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PCIe Platform . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ....

Open the catalog to page 9
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 10

Communications 14 and 16 Bit Resolution Time and Frequency Domain Analysis Advanced Display Modes Spectrum Instrumentation products are powerful and universal PC-based instruments that can be used in nearly any application that needs an interface between the electrical analog world and PC-based data analysis, calculation, display and storage. The scalability of the products covers anything from single channel OEM medical or ultrasound devices to multi-channel transmission and reception communication design. Intelligent designed synchronization structures allow to scale-up even to hundreds...

Open the catalog to page 10
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 11

LIDAR Advanced Acquisition and Readout Modes Block Averaging Low-Noise, High SNR Medical Science (OCT) High Sampling Rates and Resolution Fast Trigger and Read-Out Rates External Clock Nanotechnology Low-Noise High Dynamic Range Acquisition Precision Signal Generation High Gain Amplification Laser 6.4 GS/s Sampling Rates and High Bandwidth Fast Trigger and Read-Out Rates On-Board Block Statistics (Peak Detection) Quantum Science Versatile Signal Generation High Speed Data Streaming SCAPP GPU Support ATE – Automatic Test Equipment LXI and PXIe Modules Acquisition and Generation LabVIEW,...

Open the catalog to page 11
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 12

PCIe Platform PCI Express is the standard platform for all current PC-based systems and also for the future. Today’s state-of-the-art motherboards normally have a couple of PCI Express slots but only one or two PCI/PCI-X slots. The PCI Express bus is a point to point connection allowing full speed for every single slot. The Express bus is freely scaling and is available with 1 lane (x1), 4 lanes (x4), 8 lanes (x8) and 16 lanes (x16). For mechanical compatibility connectors may have more lanes than are connected to the motherboard. PCIe x16 Gen3 Interface Up to 12.8 GB/s streaming SMA...

Open the catalog to page 12
SPECTRUM_catalog_2023 - 13

PXIe Platform Option Synchronization Star-Hub Digital Option The Star-Hub is an additional module allowing the phase stable synchronization of up to 16 boards (M2p series) or up to 8 boards (M4i series). Independent of the number of boards there is no phase delay between all channels. The piggy-back module distributes clock, trigger and control lines to all connected cards and can be ordered in two different mounting positions: as extension module, extending the carrier board without adding the need for an additional slot space; or as top mount module, keeping the board length the same but...

Open the catalog to page 13

All Spectrum Instrumentation GmbH catalogs and technical brochures