video corpo

Newsletter 45
8Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Newsletter 45 - 1

Newsletter 45 Kipp & Zonen pyranometer enables solar yield forecasting Understanding the future for glaciers in the Himalaya New weatherproof data and power hub for Smart instruments

Open the catalog to page 1
Newsletter 45 - 2

P3: Kipp & Zonen pyranometer enables solar yield forecasting P4: Understanding the future for glaciers in the Himalaya P6: New weatherproof data and power hub for Smart instruments P7: New member of our APAC team - Yucheng Mei Fairs & Events Solar energy plant monitoring solution from one source At Intersolar Europe 2018 in Munich Kipp & Zonen took the stage. We presented for the first time a complete suite of instruments for monitoring irradiance and the environment of solar power plants. Not as an integrator, which is a role dedicated to our business partners, but acting together with our...

Open the catalog to page 2
Newsletter 45 - 3

CloudCAM detects clouds, predicts cloud movement and provides cloud, solar irradiance and solar power forecasts from seconds to 15 minutes. The system was originally conceived to assist stability in off-grid solar-diesel hybrid systems and has been further developed to provide irradiance and power forecasting for grid-connected PV power plants. Off-grid application CloudCAM with the Kipp & Zonen pyranometer has been deployed in a number of applications. One is at three remote solar-diesel hybrid micro-grids for the communities of Ti-Tree, Kalkarindji and Lake Nash in Australia’s Northern...

Open the catalog to page 3
Newsletter 45 - 4

Understanding the future for glaciers in the Himalaya By Jakob F. Steiner | PhD candidate | Faculty of Geosciences | Utrecht University After the polar ice caps, the Himalaya (‘abode of snow’ in Sanskrit) has the largest number of glaciers; more than thirty thousand square kilometers of the mountain range is covered by glacial ice. These glaciers are a focus of public and scientific debate related to the effects of climate change. Weather stations across the Nepalese Himalaya Prevailing uncertainties are of major concern because some Studies of precipitation and melt in the valleys of the...

Open the catalog to page 4
Newsletter 45 - 5

On clear days, solar radiation at this altitude is fierce and the reflection from the white snow feels like a grill even when air temperatures are just above the freezing point. When ablation of snow and ice is very strong in summer the metal poles of the weather station often need to be re-drilled into the ice by three to four meters to prevent it from melting out and falling over, and potentially damaging sensors like the CNR4 in the process. Getting data from these stations is not technically difficult, but the local conditions are a challenge. Oxygen levels are 50% lower than here in my...

Open the catalog to page 5
Newsletter 45 - 6

New weatherproof data and power hub for smart instruments By Donald van Velsen | Kipp & Zonen Product Manager In response to customer demand for an easy way to connect together and power several of our digital Smart instruments, we have developed a new device specifically for this purpose; the Smart Hub. It comes in two versions, one to pass through power from an external DC supply and a ‘Powered’ version with a built-in high quality AC to DC power unit. Both are fully weatherproof for outdoor use. 6 What does it do? The Smart Hub has input connections for up to six 2-wire RS-485...

Open the catalog to page 6
Newsletter 45 - 7

problems. I feel that keeping focused on quality is important for this job, as this helps maintain the spirit of ‘Passion for Precision’; thus customers can constantly receive precise measurements from their Kipp & Zonen products. I travelled to the head office in the Netherlands in May and it was very fruitful to be in Delft for a week and receive training from the experts. I have been introduced to all the main products of Kipp & Zonen and I believe this training has provided me with an excellent starting point for my job. “Hi, this is Yucheng Mei from Singapore. I am originally from...

Open the catalog to page 7
Newsletter 45 - 8

at Intersolar Europe 2018 Workshop Soiling Monitoring System Workshop Solar Monitoring Solutions At Intersolar Europe in June you had the opportunity to learn all about our new DustIQ to measure soiling or our solar monitoring solutions by registering for one of the workshops. Look out for the workshop invitations for our next events on LinkedIn Nice application of our pyranometers and pyrgeometers on a buoy in China to monitor solar irradiance at sea. Thanks Leo for sharing! Small zenith angle and clear skies, excellent calibration conditions! #pyranometers #calibration #absolutecavity The...

Open the catalog to page 8

All OTT HydroMet catalogs and technical brochures

1. METEON 2.0

1 Pages

2. Albedometers

2 Pages

3. METEON 2.0

1 Pages

4. CNR series

2 Pages

5. Newsletter 43

12 Pages