FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230
22Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 1

OMN 0 COMM FUEL MONITORING FOR TELEMATICS SOLUTIONS All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM

Open the catalog to page 1
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 3

Fuel level sensor LLS model 20230 — XXXX series ("XXXX" is the length of the probe in mm), hereafter referred to as the "sensor", detects the level of the fuel in fuel storage reservoirs, mobile fuel/oil carriage tankers, fuel tanks of motor vehicles, special machines or vessels, including explosion hazard zones, and sends information about the current level in the form of digital code to the external device, data logger or visual control display. The measured capacity of the "tube — central electrode" system is converted into binary code with 10/12 bit resolution and sent to the connected...

Open the catalog to page 3
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 4

All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM | 4

Open the catalog to page 4
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 5

METROLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS The function of the LEVEL-CODE conversion is linear. The small curve at the beginning of the graph (near zero) is due to the influence of the insulation cap fitted on the end of the probe. Figure 1. Graph of LEVEL-CODE conversion Figure 2. Graph of the stability of the sensing according to the temperature; 3 samples of LLS All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM | 5

Open the catalog to page 5
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 6

INSTALLATION (FITTING) PROCEDURE The sensor is intended to be fitted on the fuel tanks of motor vehicles, heavy equipment, or storage/transportation tanks. It is necessary to define the fitting position and way of fastening before installation according to the design of the fuel tank. There are three options for fastening: Option 1: Metal or plastic tank, wall thickness up to 3.0 mm. Five holes should be drilled (one central for the probe insertion and 4 satellite holes for fastening). Nut rivets with screw are fitted in the fastening holes (4 pieces). Then the sensor is fitted on the tank...

Open the catalog to page 6
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 7

Data from the sensor(s) are transmitted by messages in standard format (Table 3). Messages are sent in bytes. The transmission of each byte begins with the START byte and finishes with the STOP byte (Figure 3). Data are sent with the lowest byte first. Table 3 All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM | 7

Open the catalog to page 7
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 8

SINGLE REQUEST FOR DATA (COMMAND 06H) This command serves to read the current data: level LVL, temperature T, frequency F. Data are sent with the lowest byte first.

Open the catalog to page 8
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 9

PERIODIC (BY TIME) DATA SENDING (COMMAND 07H) This command serves to turn on the mode of periodic (by time) data sending. After the execution of the command, the sensor starts to send the following data: • LEVEL, LVL, N — relative fuel level, integer value in range 0...4095; • temperature, T, — chip internal temperature, SERVICE VALUE in degrees Celsius, integer; • frequency, F, — SERVICE VALUE, reserved for future use. Data are sent by the program cyclically (by time) according to the time interval established by command 13h. If the time interval is set to 0, the data will not be sent. The...

Open the catalog to page 9
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 10

All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM | 10

Open the catalog to page 10
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 11

DEFAULT DATA OUTPUT MODE (COMMAND 17H) This command defines the data output procedure after the sensor is powered on or the processor is reset. When the command is executed (Table 11 ), the application saves the setting in the non-volatile memory and trans mits a response (Table 12 ) with the results of command execution. After the sensor is powered on or the processor is reset, the application transmits data via the interface at the inter val specified using the command 13h. When the interval is set to zero, no data output takes place. Format of command: Table 11 All rights reserved. ©2016...

Open the catalog to page 11
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 12

A1 — capacitor A2 — frequency generator A3 — microcontroller A4 — temperature sensor A5 — galvanic insulation A6 — spark protection unit APPENDIX B SENSOR CONNECTION BY RS-232 Note: The pinout (number of contacts) of X1 is provisory A1 — external device (data logger, telematics module, ECU) A2 — BIS 20240 A3 — LLS 20230 All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM | 12

Open the catalog to page 12
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 13

APPENDIX C SENSOR CONNECTION BY EIA-485 Note: The pinout (number of contacts) of X1 is provisory A1 — external device (datalogger, telematics module, ECU) A2 — BIS 20240 A3 — LLS 20230 All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM

Open the catalog to page 13
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 14

APPENDIX D SENSOR CONNECTION BY EIA-485 Note: The pinout (number of contacts) of X1 is provisory A1 — external device (data logger, telematics module, ECU) A5; A6; A7 — LLS 20230 sensors A2; A3; A4 — BIS 20240 All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM

Open the catalog to page 14
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 15

CHECKSUM CALCULATION ALGORITHM To calculate the CRC polynomial aA8 + aA5 + aA4 + 1, the following algorithms can be used (C language): Option 1: U8 CRCS (US data, UB crc) { U8 i = data A crc; crc =0; if(i & 0x01) crc A= Ox5e; if(i & 0x02) crc A= Oxbc; iffi & 0x04) crc A= 0x61; if(i & 0x08) crc A= Gxc2; if(i & 0x10) crc A= 0x9d; if(i & 0x20) crc A= 0x23; if(i & 0x40) crc A= 0x46; if(i St 0x80) crc A= 0x8c; return crc; 1

Open the catalog to page 15
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 16

Option 3 (Pascal language): function CRC8(OneByte: byte; crc : byte) : byte; var tmp; byte; i: byte; begin for i:=0to 7 do begin if ((onebyte xor crc) and $01)<>0 then begin crc:=crcxor $18; crc:=crcshr 1; crc:=crc+ $80; end else crc:=crcshr 1; onebyte:=onebyte shrl; end; result:=crc; end; function GetCRC8(Data: array of byte) : byte; var i : integer; crc: byte; begin crc:=0; for i:=0to Length(Data)-l do crc:=CRC8(Data[i],crc); result:=crc; end; Option 4: By the tables method described in Dallas APPLICATION NOTE 27: Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Dallas Semiconductor...

Open the catalog to page 16
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 17

APPENDIX F MAIN VIEW, PINOUT AND WIRE COLOURS Figure 1. LLS 20230 model view and pigtail with 6-pin male part of the coupling connector. Pigtail length is 0.3 m. Figure 2. View of LLS connector terminals location Figure 3. View of BIS 20240 connector terminals location All rights reserved. ©2016 OMNICOMM | 17

Open the catalog to page 17
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LLS 20230 - 18

A 7 m extension cable is supplied with the BIS 20240. It is protected by a plastic corrugated tube with a 6-pin female part of the coupling connector on one side and 6 loose wires on the other side (see Figure below). Figure 4. View of the ends of the 7 m extension cable Connection of the BIS 20240 with the fuel level sensor LLS 20230 should be made only with cable KTZ-XX produced by Omnicomm, where XX — cable length (which can be chosen within the range from 10 to 25 m). Figure 5. View of the KTZ cable LLS MODEL 20230 WIRING AND PINOUT TABLE Pin number Wire colour on 7 m extension cable...

Open the catalog to page 18

All Omnicomm catalogs and technical brochures