ISIO 200
8Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

ISIO 200 - 1

ISIO 200 Binary Input/Output (I/O) terminal with IEC 61850 interface

Open the catalog to page 1
ISIO 200 - 2

Compact and easy – ISIO 200 Put your Binary I/Os where you need them ISIO 200 is a simple and versatile binary I/O terminal with IEC 61850 interface. For communicating with CMC test sets and real-time message exchange with peer devices, the fast GOOSE messaging is used. By using Client/Server communication, ISIO 200 can be integrated into Substation Automation Systems (SAS) and communicate to a station controller. In combination with a CMC test set, ISIO 200 extends the binary I/O capability of the test system. As a component of an SAS, it handles additional binary signals. Due to its...

Open the catalog to page 2
ISIO 200 - 3

Fields of application The ISIO 200 serves multiple applications in substation automation systems. Depending on whether the device is used for testing purposes (often together with a CMC test set) or in regular SAS operation, they are divided in two categories: Testing in Substation Automation Systems with CMC test sets > Testing sophisticated protection schemes > Access to remote binary I/O terminals > Permanently installed terminal for testing Operating ISIO 200 in Substation Automation Systems > Interface for conventional equipment to IEC 61850 > I/O terminal for SAS utilizing GOOSE >...

Open the catalog to page 3
ISIO 200 - 4

Fields of application Testing in Substation Automation Systems with CMC test sets Test setups in SAS often require bridging of long distances or an extension of the CMC’s binary I/O capabilities. The ISIO 200 can be used as accessory for the CMC to increase the number of binary I/Os of the test system. The accessory can be configured easily using the Test Universe ISIO Connect module.1 The CMC and ISIO 200 communicate via GOOSE messages. This allows distances to be bridged up to dozens of meters with an Ethernet cable. 1 Testing sophisticated protection schemes When testing protection...

Open the catalog to page 4
ISIO 200 - 5

Operating ISIO 200 in Substation Automation Systems Use the device to simply add binary I/Os in your SAS or for forwarding binary I/Os over Ethernet by connecting two ISIO 200 units back-to-back. ISIO 200 communicates via the fast and robust IEC 61850 GOOSE protocol and, therefore, interoperates with a wide range of substation automation devices. Substation Network 1 Interface for conventional equipment to IEC 61850 Often binary I/O status information of conventional equipment needs to be communicated to a station controller or SCADA system. For this application the ISIO 200 provides...

Open the catalog to page 5
ISIO 200 - 6

Mounting options The ISIO 200 is configured via a web interface. No special configuration software needs to be installed on a computer. Rubber sealing around the housing guarantees a soft and secure stand when using the ISIO 200 as a tabletop device. The web interface supports mobile devices with small screens and provides diagnostic information to help find errors in the configuration. DIN rail mounting For permanent installation in substations, the device can be mounted on a DIN rail. The mounting clip at the back makes it easy to fit the ISIO 200 into a variety of cabinet designs (mounting...

Open the catalog to page 6
ISIO 200 - 7

Technical specificationsOrdering informationBinary Inputs: BINARY IN 1-4 / BINARY IN 5-8 Binary inputs 8 (2 potential groups) Max. input voltage CAT II / 250 V (rms) (IEC 61010-2-030) Threshold voltage 18 V default; configurable via web interface Timing Binary input activation + published GOOSE: 850 ps (typical) Binary outputs: BINARY OUT 1-4 / BINARY OUT 5-8 Binary outputs 8 (2 potential groups) Timing Received GOOSE + binary output contact closing: 5.5 ms (typical) Power supply: ETH (PoE) or POWER Power over ethernet (PoE): ETH PoE class Class 2 powered device (IEEE...

Open the catalog to page 7
ISIO 200 - 8

OMICRON is an international company serving the electrical power industry with innovative testing and diagnostic solutions. The application of OMICRON products allows users to assess the condition of the primary and secondary equipment on their systems with complete confidence. Services offered in the area of consulting, commissioning, testing, diagnosis and training make the product range complete. Customers in more than 150 countries rely on the company’s ability to supply leadingedge technology of excellent quality. Service centers on all continents provide a broad base of knowledge and...

Open the catalog to page 8

All OMICRON electronics catalogs and technical brochures

1. MCT 085

2 Pages

2. PDL 650

8 Pages

3. CPC 100

44 Pages

4. InSight

4 Pages

5. MONTESTO 200

16 Pages