Kotron® 082
4Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Kotron® 082 - 1

Kotron® Model 82 CE RF Level Transmitter DESCRIPTION The Magnetrol® Kotron® Model 82 RF Capacitance transmitter is one of the most cost effective level transmitters available today. Compact in size, it employs state-of-the-art surface mount technology in an encapsulated (potted) module for a stable, accurate measurement in a wide range of materials. F E AT URES • 4-20 mA isolated output signal (reversed 20-4 mA output optional) • Utilizes a 24 VDC current loop for power source and signal transmission • 120/240 VAC option available for four-wire applications • Minimum span 50 pF • Maximum span 4000 pF • Integral metering points to allow the local measurement of 4-20 mA loop current without breaking the two-wire circuit loop • Power indicator LED varies in brightness with level changes • ±0.25% repeatability • FM and CSA listed intrinsically safe when used in conjunction with an approved barrier • CSA explosion proof designs • Available with a full range of rigid and flexible sensing probes to 5000 psig (345 bar) and + 1000 °F (+538 °C) • Input voltage of 14 to 40 VDC at transmitter terminals APPLI C AT I ON S • Continuous level monitoring • Liquid-liquid interface level measurement • Clean or dirty liquids • Viscous liquids • Light slurries • High temperature liquids • Hydrocarbons & solvents • Acids & corrosive liquids • Food & beverage TECHNOLOGY The amount of capacitance developed in any vessel is determined by the size (surface area) of the probe, the distance from the probe to its ground reference (e.g. tank wall), and the dielectric of the medium being measured. If the probe’s mounting position is fixed and the dielectric value of the medium is constant, then the amount of capacitance developed becomes dependent on the media in contact with the probe. As media rises and falls in the tank, the amount of capacitance developed between the sensing probe and the ground also rises and falls. This change in capacitance is converted into a proportional 4-20

Open the catalog to page 1
Kotron® 082 - 2

Supply Voltage 24 VDC, (14–40 VDC) 120/240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, (+10/-15%) 38 mA maximum Less than ±.10%/volt, for voltages between 16–40 VDC -40 to +160 °F (-40 to +70 °C) ¿ 1000 pF (max.), 0 pF (min.) 4000 pF (max.), 50 pF (min.) 50–500 pF ±1% of span 501–1500 pF ±2% of span 1501–4000 pF ±1% of span Less than 0.1 second ±0.25% 4000 pF span: Less than 0.035%/° F (0.063%/° C) 1000 pF span: Less than 0.025%/° F (0.045%/° C) 50 pF span: Less than 0.075%/° F (0.135%/° C) Current Line Variation Ambient Temperature Zero Range Span Range Output Linearity Response Time Repeatability Temperature...

Open the catalog to page 2
Kotron® 082 - 3

DIMENSIONAL SPECIFICATIONS Remote Mount with Rigid Probe and Meter (24 VDC Two-Wire) Optional mounting flange Side View Bracket Front View MODEL STANDARD NUMBER PRESSURE Models available for quick shipment, usually within one week after factory receipt of a complete purchase order, through the Expedite Ship Plan (ESP) Four-wire, 120 VAC ¿ Four-wire, 240 VAC ¿ Two-wire, 24 VDC Nominal (14 to 40 VDC), FM, CSA None Analog meter (Not FM/CSA approved) Integral, aluminum housing Integral, 316 stainless steel housing ¡ ƒ Remote, aluminum housing ¬ √ Remote, 316 stainless steel housing ¡ ¬ √ ƒ...

Open the catalog to page 3
Kotron® 082 - 4

APPROVED MODEL PROTECTION METHOD AREA CLASSIFICATION Intrinsically Safe Class I, Div 1, Groups A, B, C & D; Class II, Div 1, Groups E, F & G; Class III, NEMA 4X Class I, Div 2, Groups A, B, C & D Class II, Div 2, Groups F & G; Class III Class I, Div 1, Groups A, B, C & D; Class II, Div 1, Groups E, F & G; Class III, TYPE 4X Class I, Div 2, Groups A, B, C & D; Class II, Div 2, Groups F & G; Class III Class I, Div 1, Groups C & D; Class II, Div 1, Groups E, F & G Class III, TYPE 4X © Not I.S. (CSA) for Groups E & F when used with a bare probe. © Approval is valid only with the use of...

Open the catalog to page 4

All Magnetrol - AMETEK catalogs and technical brochures

1. Seal Pots

4 Pages

2. GEMINI™

32 Pages

3. Aurora®

32 Pages

4. Atlas™

24 Pages

5. Models T20/T21

12 Pages