2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1
112Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 1

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family Desktop, Intel® Pentium® Processor Family Desktop, and Intel® Celeron® Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Volume 1 Supporting Intel® Core™ i7, i5, and i3 Desktop Processor Series Supporting Intel® Pentium® Processor G800 and G600 Series Supporting Intel® Celeron® Processor G500 and G400 Series This is Volume 1 of 2

Open the catalog to page 1
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 2

INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH INTEL PRODUCTS. NO LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN INTEL'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SUCH PRODUCTS, INTEL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND INTEL DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT. Legal...

Open the catalog to page 2
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 8

Revision History Revision Number 001 Revision Date Initial release • Added Intel® Core™ i5-2405S, i5-2310, and i3-2105 processors 002 • Added Intel® Pentium® processor family desktop – Intel® Pentium® G850, G840, G620, and G620T processors • Added Intel® Core™ i5-2320, i3-2125, i3-2130, and i3-2120T processors 003 • Added Intel® Celeron® processor family desktop – Intel® Celeron G540, G530, G530T, and G440 processors • Added Intel® Pentium® G860, G630, and G630T processors October 2011 • Added Intel® Core™ i7-2700K processor • Added Intel® Celeron® G460 processor • Added Intel® Core™...

Open the catalog to page 8
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 9

Introduction The 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family desktop, Intel® Pentium® processor family desktop, and Intel® Celeron® processor family desktop are the next generation of 64-bit, multi-core desktop processor built on 32- nanometer process technology. Based on a new micro-architecture, the processor is designed for a two-chip platform consisting of a processor and Platform Controller Hub (PCH). The platform enables higher performance, lower cost, easier validation, and improved x-y footprint. The processor includes Integrated Display Engine, Processor Graphics, PCI Express*...

Open the catalog to page 9
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 10

Desktop Platform System Block Diagram Example PCI Express* 2.0 1 x16 or 2x8 Discrete Graphics (PEG) Processor PECI Intel® Flexible Display Interface Intel® Management Engine LVDS Flat Panel WiFi / WiMax Gigabit Network Connection

Open the catalog to page 10
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 11

Processor Feature Details • Four or two execution cores • A 32-KB instruction and 32-KB data first-level cache (L1) for each core • A 256-KB shared instruction/data second-level cache (L2) for each core • Up to 8-MB shared instruction/data third-level cache (L3), shared among all cores Supported Technologies • Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for Directed I/O (Intel® VT-d) • Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for IA-32, Intel® 64 and Intel® Architecture (Intel® VT-x) • Intel® Active Management Technology 7.0 (Intel® AMT 7.0) • Intel® Trusted Execution Technology...

Open the catalog to page 11
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 12

• Up to 64 simultaneous open pages, 32 per channel (assuming 8 ranks of 8 bank devices) • Command launch modes of 1n/2n • On-Die Termination (ODT) • Asynchronous ODT • Intel® Fast Memory Access (Intel® FMA) — Just-in-Time Command Scheduling — Command Overlap — Out-of-Order Scheduling PCI Express* • PCI Express* port(s) are fully-compliant with the PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 2.0. • Processor with desktop PCH supported configurations PCI Express* Supported Configurations in Desktop Products Configuration • The port may negotiate down to narrower widths — Support for x16/x8/x4/x1...

Open the catalog to page 12
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 13

• 64-bit downstream address format, but the processor never generates an address above 64 GB (Bits 63:36 will always be zeros) • 64-bit upstream address format, but the processor responds to upstream read transactions to addresses above 64 GB (addresses where any of Bits 63:36 are nonzero) with an Unsupported Request response. Upstream write transactions to addresses above 64 GB will be dropped. • Re-issues Configuration cycles that have been previously completed with the Configuration Retry status • PCI Express* reference clock is 100-MHz differential clock • Power Management Event (PME)...

Open the catalog to page 13
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 14

Platform Environment Control Interface (PECI) The PECI is a one-wire interface that provides a communication channel between a PECI client (the processor) and a PECI master. The processors support the PECI 3.0 Specification. Processor Graphics • The Processor Graphics contains a refresh of the sixth generation graphics core enabling substantial gains in performance and lower power consumption. • Next Generation Intel Clear Video Technology HD support is a collection of video playback and enhancement features that improve the end user’s viewing experience. — Encode/transcode HD content —...

Open the catalog to page 14
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 15

Power Management Support Processor Core • Full support of Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) C-states as implemented by the following processor C-states — C0, C1, C1E, C3, C6 • Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology Memory Controller • Conditional self-refresh (Intel® Rapid Memory Power Management (Intel® RMPM)) • Dynamic power-down PCI Express* • L0s and L1 ASPM power management capability Direct Media Interface (DMI) • L0s and L1 ASPM power management capability Processor Graphics Controller • Intel® Rapid Memory Power Management (Intel® RMPM) – CxSR • Intel® Graphics...

Open the catalog to page 15
2nd Gen Intel® Core? Processor Family Desktop Datasheet, Vol. 1 - 16

Package • The processor socket type is noted as LGA 1155. The package is a 37.5 x 37.5 mm Flip Chip Land Grid Array (FCLGA 1155). See the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor, Intel® Pentium® Processor, and Intel® Celeron® Processor, and LGA1155 Socket Thermal Mechanical Specifications and Design Guidelines for complete details on package. Terminology (Sheet 1 of 2) Term Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Block Level Transfer Third-generation Double Data Rate SDRAM memory technology Direct Memory Access Direct Media Interface Digital Thermal Sensor Enhanced Intel SpeedStep®...

Open the catalog to page 16

All Intel catalogs and technical brochures

1. 10th Gen

8 Pages

2. nuc-celeron

4 Pages

3. i7-lga2011

314 Pages

4. c600-series

936 Pages

5. b75-express

4 Pages