video corpo

Powering the world 2016
72Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Powering the world 2016 - 2

With so many things to keep track of in your power generation world, we’ve made it a little POWERing the World with Gas Power Systems . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . easier to find the information you’re looking for. Visit us at powergen.gepower.com and find Application Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . everything from product descriptions and ratings to interactive tools. Technology-Driven...

Open the catalog to page 2
Powering the world 2016 - 3

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I POWERing the World with Gas Power Systems POWERing the World WITH GAS POWER SYSTEMS GE Power’s Gas Power Systems business unites the strengths of GE and Alstom, with their combined 210 years of experience in the power industry, to deliver even greater value to our customers. With more than half the world’s installed capacity of gas and combined cycle power plants, GE brings together the global reach, scale, technology leadership, and plant innovation capability of these two industry leaders to further advance the efficient, clean and cost-effective conversion of...

Open the catalog to page 3
Powering the world 2016 - 4

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Application Considerations POWER GENERATION APPLICATION CONSIDERATIONS GE has the world’s most comprehensive and competitive gas power systems portfolio. Choosing the right products and plant configuration for a project requires an intimate understanding of customer needs as well as equipment features and benefits. At GE, our sales, product management, and engineering teams work hand-in-hand with you to fully understand project requirements and performance expectations, and develop a customized plant solution delivering the best life cycle economic value. The...

Open the catalog to page 4
Powering the world 2016 - 5

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Application Considerations Electrical Power Applications Electric power has become a fundamental necessity for the growth and well-being of all countries. Utilities, independent power producers (IPPs), industrials, and commercial customers around the world develop, own, and operate power plants to generate the electricity to meet this demand. Customers seek the most cost-effective and reliable power plant offerings to serve the power demands of their local grid or service territory. A variety of power products or duty cycles are required, as highlighted in the...

Open the catalog to page 5
Powering the world 2016 - 6

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Application Considerations Combined Heat and Power Applications Combined heat and power (CHP) systems, also called cogeneration power plants, are designed to generate both electrical power and heat for use in a process application. Utilizing exhaust energy from gas turbines, steam can be generated through a heat exchanger, which can then be used in any number of applications or processes with no additional fuel consumption or emissions. As a result, the overall efficiency of CHP systems can exceed 80 percent, making CHP one of the most energy-efficient methods of...

Open the catalog to page 6
Powering the world 2016 - 7

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Application Considerations Mechanical Drive Applications Fast Power Applications Mechanical drive applications of gas turbines and steam turbines use the rotational energy of the machine to drive pumps, compressors, or blowers in an industrial process. Gas turbines are widely used as mechanical drives in the oil and gas industry. When customers need power fast, whether to quickly expand domestic capacity in response to unanticipated rapid growth in electricity demand or emergent requirements due to natural disasters, GE has a range of offerings to meet the need....

Open the catalog to page 7
Powering the world 2016 - 8

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Application Considerations Waste-to-Power Applications Combined Cycle Add-on and Repowering Applications An industry pioneer in the use of alternative fuels in gas turbines, GE has the experience, expertise and equipment you rely on to turn waste into power. In many cases, the availability of such alternative fuels provides an economically beneficial fuel, compared to purchasing traditional fuels such as natural gas or distillate oil. With a fleet of gas turbines larger than all of our competitors combined, we have more operational experience handling, treating,...

Open the catalog to page 8
Powering the world 2016 - 9

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Power Generation Technology Leadership POWER GENERATION TECHNOLOGY-DRIVEN PRODUCT AND PLANT LEADERSHIP This catalog documents the accomplishments of thousands of engineers devoted to developing more efficient, cleaner, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power. This effort starts years before a product or product improvement is introduced; it begins when fundamental technology research is completed in one of GE’s many global research centers—in many cases with the support of the United States Department of Energy. Our technology research is centered on...

Open the catalog to page 9
Powering the world 2016 - 10

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Fuels and Combustion FUELS AND COMBUSTION INDUSTRY-LEADING FUELS CAPABILITY Choosing a fuel for electrical power generation is a complex task, influenced by factors like fuel price and availability. Gas turbines, which play a key role in global power generation, can operate on a variety of gaseous and liquid fuels. GE’s gas turbines offer broad fuel capability that is continually expanding to support the power generation industry. For instance, GE’s gas turbines and accessory systems can be set up to operate either in dual or tri-fuel configurations. The...

Open the catalog to page 10
Powering the world 2016 - 11

GAS POWER SYSTEMS CATALOG I Fuels and Combustion Combustion System Fundamentals Modern gas turbines that use a wide variety of gaseous and liquid fuels must operate within a series of constraints, with NOx and CO emissions being the most notable. The formation of NOx compounds is dependent on the temperature of the reaction in the combustor. If fuel and air are allowed to mix in a stoichiometric proportion (a balanced chemical reaction), they will burn in a diffusion flame, similar to the flame of a candle, near the highest possible temperature of the reaction. A consequence of burning fuel...

Open the catalog to page 11

All GE Gas Turbines catalogs and technical brochures

1. LM6000

1 Pages

2. LMS100®

7 Pages

3. 18900_5_15

8 Pages

4. 1212_1012

12 Pages

5. HSR line

6 Pages