Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018
78Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 1

Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems

Open the catalog to page 1
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 2

Gas Power Systems  I  Table of Contents Contents Industry Overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 GE’s Gas Power Systems . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14 Solutions for Every Application . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 Power Plants . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24   GE’s Plant Approach . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26   9HA Power Plants . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ....

Open the catalog to page 2
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 3

Gas Power Systems  I  Industry Overview Industry Overview Global Demand Gas: A Natural Choice for Power Generation Access to affordable, reliable energy is critical to sustaining and growing economies and is fundamental to quality of life in the modern world. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), by 2020, the global economy’s gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to grow by 3.4 percent annually and the population will increase by about 400 million. In line with these economic and demographic forecasts, the IEA projects that total electricity demand will rise by two-thirds...

Open the catalog to page 3
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 4

Gas Power Systems I industry Overview Powering the Future Abundant and Accessible A combustible, gaseous mixture of simple hydrocarbon compounds, natural gas is the product of thousands of years of decay of prehistoric plant and animal life . Buried deep underground, natural gas consists mostly of methane but also includes small amounts of other gases1 . According to the International Gas Union (IGU), natural gas reserves are geographically diverse and so substantial that the fuel could meet the world’s energy needs for the next 250 years . With such high supply, the price has decreased in...

Open the catalog to page 4
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 5

Gas Power Systems I industry Overview Powering the Future Cleaner Burning Perhaps the biggest environmental benefit of natural gas is that it provides a cleaner alternative to coal and other fossil fuels . Burning natural gas produces 50 percent fewer carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions than coal and significantly less nitrogen oxide (NOx), sulfur oxide (SOx), and fine particulate matter (PM2.5). Fewer greenhouse gas emissions improves air quality, decreases costs, and helps facilities meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations . The Future of Gas Gas is the fastest growing of the...

Open the catalog to page 5
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 6

Gas Power Systems  I  Industry Overview Market Considerations Forecast Demand for Gas Power Over the Next Decade INDIA CHINA SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA LATIN AMERICA Energy Access Many areas face nature-related challenges and infrastructure constraints that act as significant barriers to increasing access to electricity. NORTH AMERICA Nature-Related Challenges MIDDLE EAST/ NORTH AFRICA NORTH AMERICA • uel and gas access F • rid and distribution considerations G • hased construction P LATIN AMERICA MIDDLE EAST/ NORTH AFRICA Natural gas-fired power plants offer a reliable power...

Open the catalog to page 6
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 7

Gas Power Systems  I  Industry Overview Energy Efficiency As countries develop, populations swell, new technologies emerge, and demand for energy increases. In the United States, the energy crisis of the 1970s prompted a shift in focus from consumption to efficiency. For governments and individuals, embracing improved total grid efficiency means better economies, better health, a cost-effective way to fight climate change, and reduced energy costs. Industries, utilities, and cogeneration plants however, bear the burden of selecting and implementing the equipment to make that possible. For...

Open the catalog to page 7
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 8

Gas Power Systems  I  GE’s Gas Power Systems GE’s Gas Power Systems Tough challenges need to be met with smart solutions. For 125 years, GE has been delivering innovative products and services that create significant value for power generation customers. Advancing an industry is no easy feat; it takes commitment, knowledge, and above all, an intimate understanding of what customers want and need. GE Gas Power Systems has it all and we are excited to put our global team to work for you. Our focus spans three keys areas. First, we give our customers the capability to meet, and possibly even...

Open the catalog to page 8
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 9

Gas Power Systems  I  Solutions for Every Application Solutions for Every Application From simple cycle and combined cycle power generation to cogeneration, mechanical drive, gas compression and waste-to-power, GE has the experience, gas turbines, and gas engines to serve your needs. Individual operating schemes are vast and varied, and GE is committed to providing a flexible portfolio of products to support a full spectrum of operating needs. GE’s portfolio of power generation and gas compression products provides a sense of certainty in an uncertain world, delivering the operational...

Open the catalog to page 9
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 10

Gas Power Systems  I  Solutions for Every Application Fuel Flexible Also known as combined heat and power (CHP), cogeneration is a highly efficient process that generates electricity and heat simultaneously. A gas turbine or gas engine generates electricity while exhaust heat is captured and recycled to generate hot water, steam, or cold water for other uses like heating or cooling. Cogeneration plants can reach up to 95 percent efficiency; their dual use can decrease energy usage by up to 40 percent. A growing global population, constrained fuel sources, and increasing environmental focus...

Open the catalog to page 10
Powering the Future with Gas Power Systems gepower.com Offerings I 2018 - 11

Gas Power Systems  I  Solutions for Every Application Small and Intermediate Scale Power An expanding global natural gas network is creating new opportunities that are driving up demand across industries. By 2025, gas consumption is projected to increase by 33 percent (led by the power sector). Low cost, flexible operating characteristics, and environmental advantages position gas as the fuel of choice for power generation. Gas power is fast and affordable, and it’s enabling growth in developing countries. By 2025, 60 percent of global electricity consumption will occur in emerging markets,...

Open the catalog to page 11

All GE Gas Turbines catalogs and technical brochures

1. LM6000

1 Pages

2. LMS100®

7 Pages

3. 18900_5_15

8 Pages

4. 1212_1012

12 Pages

5. HSR line

6 Pages