video corpo

Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012
40Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 1

1ECHANIZED ROCK EXCAVATION WITH ATLAS COPCO - NO 1 / 2012. Exploration drillin Serbian style pole position

Open the catalog to page 1
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 2

Editorial Contents 20 12 22 O nly one year after the financial crisis of 2008, the mining industry entered yet another boom period resulting in new, record levels in both 2010 and 2011. At the end of 2008 and through 2009, it became clear just how important our commitment to strong product and business support is for our customers. In addition, over the last two years we have also noticed a new trend with the major mining houses seeking closer and stronger long-term partnerships with suppliers in the development of more modern, productive, safer and reliable equipment. Our ambition is to be...

Open the catalog to page 2
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 3

>>>>> M&C IN LATIN America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AT GREAT HEIGHTS BOLIVIA Collahuasi mine PARAGUAY CHILE ARGENTINA Veladero mine How drillers conquer conditions on top of the world Life at more than 4 000 m above sea level presents major challenges for drillers and equipment alike. M&C travels to Latin America to see how they cope in one of the world’s most extreme climates. Mining & Construction – 1 / 2012 3

Open the catalog to page 3
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 4

>>>>> M&C in latin America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Highly productive: The PV-271 drills 10 5/8" blast holes while the PV-351 (far right) drills 12 ¼" holes on the 15 m benches. Beating the conditions at Collahuasi: Carlos Correa Echeverría (left), Superintendent, Drilling & Blasting, with Paulyn Espindola, Atlas Copco’s Product Manager. The kings of Collahuasi Low oxygen levels, freezing temperatures and electrical storms. In this extreme mining environment of the Chilean Andes two Pit Viper rigs...

Open the catalog to page 4
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 5

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Operator Eduardo Macheo: “I like this machine. I’ve been able to drill 780 meters with it in one 12 hour shift and I think I can do better.” engine that delivers 1 650 hp at 1 800 rpm, as well as a larger compressor – 3 800 cfm (110 psi/ 7.6 bar) instead of 3 000 cfm. The high altitude of this region also means extreme cold, especially in winter (July to September), when temperatures often drop to –40 C°. “As a result, the...

Open the catalog to page 5
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 6

>>>>> M&C in latin America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THE Collahuasi CHALLENGE The Collahuasi mine currently accounts for about 9.3% of Chile’s total copper output and has an expected life of more than 30 years. There are three main copper deposits – Ujina, Rosario and Capella. Lying at an altitude of 4 100 m, Ujina contains secondary sulphides and oxides. This deposit (plus a smaller deposit called Huinquintipa) was the first to be mined. Higher still, at 4 600 m, is the Rosario deposit which...

Open the catalog to page 6
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 7

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The heroes of vElAdero High altitudes and harsh weather conditions go hand in hand in Latin America, not least in the mountains of Argentina. Mining & Construction – 1 / 2012 7

Open the catalog to page 7
Atlas Copco Mining and Construction No 1 2012 - 8

>>>>> M&C in Latin America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drilling with a smile: Operator Victor Astudillo at the controls of the Pit Viper 271 in the Veladero pit. Dependin­ on the area, a hole can take from 18 minutes up to one hour to complete. g C lose to the Chilean border, about 350 km northeast of the city of San Juan, is the Veladero gold mine operated by Minera Argentina Gold, a subsidiary of Barrick, one of the world’s leading gold producers. Located at 4  000–4  850 m above sea level, the mine...

Open the catalog to page 8

All Epiroc catalogs and technical brochures

1. Boltec 235

5 Pages

2. ST1030

8 Pages

3. Boltec S

8 Pages

4. Boltec M

5 Pages

5. Boltec E

5 Pages