PACSystems RX3i Controller (GFA-559) - 4 Pages

Add to MyDirectIndustry favorites
PACSystems RX3i Controller (GFA-559)

Catalog excerpts

GE Intelligent Platforms PACSystems RX3i Controller The PACSystems* RX3i controller is an incredibly powerful Programmable Automation Controller (PAC) in the innovative PACSystems family. The RX3i features a single control engine and a universal programming environment to provide application portability across multiple hardware platforms and deliver a true convergence of control. With integrated critical control platforms, logic, motion, HMI, process control and high availability based on our Reflective Memory technology, the RX3i provides the performance and flexibility to give you an advantage. No matter the challenges your applications bring, PACSystems RX3i lets you take control. PACSystems RX3i Benefits: The innovative technology of the PACSystems RX3i enables users to: • Address major engineering and business issues, such as higher productivity and tighter cost control • Boost the overall performance of their automation systems • Reduce engineering and commissioning costs • Easily integrate new technology into installed base systems • Significantly decrease concerns regarding short- and long-term migration and platform longevity PACSystems RX3i Features: • High-speed processor and patented technology for faster throughput without information bottlenecks • Dual backplane bus support per module slot: - High-speed, PCI-based for fast through put of new advanced I/O - Serial backplane for easy migration of existing Series 90-30 I/O • Multiple CPU offerings meeting various performance criteria up to and including an Intel® 1 GHz CPU for advanced programming and performance with 64 Mbytes memory • Memory for ladder logic documentation and machine documentation (Word, Excel, PDF, CAD and other files) in the controller to reduce downtime and improve troubleshooting • Open communications support including Ethernet, GENIUS*, Profibus™, HART, DeviceNet™ and serial • Supports high density discrete I/O, universal analog (TC, RTD, Strain Gauge, Voltage and Current configurable per channel), isolated analog, high-density analog, high-speed counter, and motion modules • Expanded I/O offering with extended features for faster processing, advanced diagnostics and a variety of ­ onfigurable interrupts c • Hot insertion for both new and migrated modules High Performance Control on One Platform: The PACSystems RX3i provides logic, motion, HMI, and process control with open communications protocols. • PACMotion modules can control up to 40 high speed axes in one rack • PACSystems High Availability solution offers true dual redundancy data synchronization and bumpless transfer • The Control Memory Xchange offers amazing data transfer at a rate of 2.12 Gbaud Universal Development Environment: The common software platform across all GE controllers, award-winning Proficy* Machine Edition* software provides the universal engineering development environment for programming, configuration and diagnostics for the entire PACSystems family. • Programming tools such as tag-based programming, a library of reusable code and a test edit mode for improved online troubleshooting • User-friendly environment that can increase design flexibility and improve engineering efficiency and productivity

Open the catalog to page 1

PACSystems RX3i EXPANSION MODULES BASEPLATES PNEUMATIC MODULES DISCRETE I/O MODULES POWER SUPPLIES CPUs NETWORKS AND DISTRIBUTED I/O MOTION MODULES CPUs Networks and Distributed I/O Systems The CMU310 is a High Availability redundant CPU that is configured using the MaxON software. The CMU310 has the same functionality as the CPU310. Synchronization of the CMU310s is via an Ethernet link. The RX3i features a variety of communications options for distributed control and/or I/O. Choose from Ethernet EGD, Profibus-DP, Genius and DeviceNet. These communication modules are easy to install and...

Open the catalog to page 2

PACSystems RX3i Servo Control High Speed Counters Our advanced line of Digital Servo Motion (DSM) control integrated into the RX3i fosters high performance point-to-point applications. Motion Control modules can be flexibly applied to a variety of digital, analog, and stepper motion applications and support centralized, distributed or hybrid control system architectures. They are easy to program and configure and include extensive built-in diagnostics. The High Speed Counters can be configured for a wide range of counter types (Types A, B, C, D, E, Z, and user-defined types of counters),...

Open the catalog to page 3

PACSystems RX3i Power Transducer Modules Pneumatic Module Networks and Distributed I/O Systems Expansion Modules Terminal Blocks Accessories Programming and Troubleshooting Tools IC693PTM100 IC693PTM101 120/240 VAC, 1 Point, 0.5 meter Interface cable IC693MDL760 RX3i Solenoid Module IC694BEM331 Genius Bus Controller (Supports I/O and Datagrams) IC695ETM001† IC694DNM200† DeviceNet Master Module IC695CMX128† IC695PBM300† Profibus Master Module IC695RMX128† IC695PBS301† Profibus Slave Module IC695LRE001† Local Expansion Module (requires no universal slots) IC693NIU004 IC695NKT001 Ethernet...

Open the catalog to page 4

All Emerson catalogs and technical brochures

1. OCR1100

7 Pages

2. CIMPLICITY

3 Pages

3. mCOM10-L1500

2 Pages

4. bCOM6-L1800

2 Pages

5. PACMotion

2 Pages