DFOP-105
28Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

DFOP-105 - 1

CHICAGO BLOWER CORPORATION • 1675 GLEN ELLYN ROAD * GLENDALE HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS • U.S.A.

Open the catalog to page 1
DFOP-105 - 2

Chicago Blower certifies that the Design 51 Plenum Fan shown herein is licensed to bear the AMCA Seal. The ratings shown are based on tests and procedures performed in accordance with AMCA Publication 211 and comply with the requirements of the AMCA Certified Ratings Program. PLENUM FANS FOR AIR HANDLING AND CONDITIONING Chicago's Plenum Fan offers a practical, economical design alternative for air handling and conditioning systems. It features an unhoused true airfoil bladed wheel that installs directly within the plenum, thereby eliminating the downstream discharge. The fan can be...

Open the catalog to page 2
DFOP-105 - 3

System performance and dependability relies heavily upon Chicago’s airfoil wheel. Widely recognized for design proficiency and integrity, Chicago’s airfoil wheel has a broad high-efficiency curve that offers a wide operating range and also offers more extensive selections from each fan size. HYPERBOLIC SPUN STEEL WHEEL CONE The hyperbolic spun steel wheel cone optimizes the smooth stable air flow across the entire operating range. Every Chicago wheel size is fitted with true hollow airfoil blades with weep holes to prevent moisture build-up inside the blade. The availability of three blade...

Open the catalog to page 3
DFOP-105 - 4

INLET SCREEN The strong welded steel wire screen mounts within the inlet cone. When furnished with an Inlet Volume Control, the screen is mounted outside the inlet vanes. INLET VOLUME CONTROL For maximum efficiency, economical performance and precise air control at partial loads, Chicago’s IVC is strongly recommended. Adjustable guide vanes pre-spin the entering air in the same rotation as the wheel to produce the desired volume of air at the exact pressure. Inlet vanes are nested entirely within the cone, mounted from the wheel side for easier accessability. The IVC is suitable for...

Open the catalog to page 4
DFOP-105 - 5

FOR THE MOST EFFICIENT FAN Energy consumption is a major consideration in every engineer’s equipment selection procedure. This Chicago Quick Selection Method selects the most energy efficient fan size for any required duty. To determine the most efficient fan size, locate the intersection of the required volume (CFM) and static pressure (SP) on the graph above. The area containing the intersection is labeled with the most efficient fan size. Select a fan for 8,000 CFM at 2" SP. The intersection of 8,000 CFM and 2" SP shows a Size 330 as the most efficient fan. Having selected the most...

Open the catalog to page 5
DFOP-105 - 6

Pages 7 thru 25 contain multi-rating tables for every size fan. Each page provides data for one size ranging from 1/4" static pressure SP up to 8" SP. Volume is listed in cubic feet per minute, (CFM). Under each SP rating is the speed, (RPM) and Power, (BHP) required for each corresponding CFM rating. Simply interpolate between ratings for any value not listed. Classes I and II are indicated by different color tints. Refer to the factory for Class III performance. EXAMPLE 1. Below is a section of Page 7 showing the performance of a size 135. For a desired duty of 2600 CFM (A) at 3 SP (B)...

Open the catalog to page 6
DFOP-105 - 7

NOTES: 1 Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III. 2. Do not use for construction. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer. DESIGN 51 AIRFOIL PLENUM FANS

Open the catalog to page 7
DFOP-105 - 8

NOTES: 1. Dimensions shown are for Class I and It only Refer to factory for Class III 2. Do not use for construction. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer Performance shown is for installation type A - Free inlet. Free outlet. Power rating (BHP) does not include drive losses. Performance ratings do not include the effects of appurtenances in the atrstream.

Open the catalog to page 8
DFOP-105 - 9

1. Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only. Refer to factory tor Class III. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer. DESIGN 51 AIRFOIL PLENUM FANS

Open the catalog to page 9
DFOP-105 - 10

Performance shown is for installation type A - Free inlet free outset. Power rating (BHP) does not include drive losses. Performance ratings do not include the effects of appurtenances in the airstream. NOTES: 1, Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III. 2. Do not use for construction. 3 For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer.

Open the catalog to page 10
DFOP-105 - 11

1. Dimensions shown are tor Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer. DESIGN 51 AIRFOIL PLENUM FANS

Open the catalog to page 11
DFOP-105 - 12

NOTES: 1. Dimensions shown are lor Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III. 2 Do not use for construction. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer.

Open the catalog to page 12
DFOP-105 - 13

NOTES: 1. Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III. 2 Do not use for construction. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer.

Open the catalog to page 13
DFOP-105 - 14

1. Dimensions shown are (or Class l and II only. Refer Jo factory for Class III 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer.

Open the catalog to page 14
DFOP-105 - 15

NOTES: 1, Dimensions shown are for Class I and H only. Refer to factory lor Class lit. 2. Do not use for construction. 3. For vertical application, reler to your Chicago Slower Sales Engineer DESIGN 51 AIRFOIL PLENUM FANS

Open the catalog to page 15
DFOP-105 - 16

NOTES: 1. Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III. 2. Do not use for construction. 3, For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer-

Open the catalog to page 16
DFOP-105 - 17

Performance shown is lor installation type A - Free inlet. Free outlet. Power rating (BHP) does not include drive losses. Performance ratings do not include the effects of appurtenances in the airstream. 1. Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only. Refer to factory for Class III. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer. DESIGN 51 AIRFOIL PLENUM FANS

Open the catalog to page 17
DFOP-105 - 18

NOTES: 1. Dimensions shown are for Class I and II only, Refer to factory for Class III. 2 Do not use for construction. 3. For vertical application, refer to your Chicago Blower Sales Engineer.

Open the catalog to page 18

All CHICAGO BLOWER catalogs and technical brochures

1. AFBC-101

8 Pages

2. IAF-103

16 Pages

3. PFD-105

12 Pages

4. DAF-101

24 Pages

5. SAF-101

28 Pages