Hydraulic-Kit_Datasheet_403
2Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Hydraulic-Kit_Datasheet_403 - 1

SDB 412 I.D. MOUNT END PREP RUGGED CONSTRUCTION • Compact, heavy duty cast aluminum housing is tough yet lightweight • Precision tapered roller bearings and self lubricating bushings maximize machine life • Special heat treated ring and pinion gears for demanding pipe prepping applications • High strength, large diameter mandrel shaft and wide surface chuck legs maximize rigidity • Right angle air motor placement minimizes clearance requirements DESCRIPTION Wachs SDB 412/2 is a hand held beveling machine that delivers maximum power and performance for fast, accurate O.D. weld preps on pipe and tube from 4” thru 12” (101 - 305mm) up to 1.125” (29mm) wall. The SDB 412 is designed to face, bevel and counterbore simultaneously on carbon, stainless and high alloy steels. A proven workhorse, it sets up quickly with a self centering mandrel and chuck assembly that mounts to the pipe I.D. The SDB 412’s design means one person can set up, operate and create perfect weld preps in minutes. VERSATILE DESIGN Like the smaller SDB 103 and 206, the SDB 412 is highly versatile. It’s ideal for machining thin wall pipe, heavy wall tube, prepping tees, elbows and valves and (with the optional FF kit) flange facing. Its compact design requires minimal operating clearance. The strong yet lightweight aluminum and hardened steel construction allows for ease of handling with fast setup and operation. The optional FF Kit converts the SDB 412 to the FF 424 Flange Facer for facing raised and flat face flanges from 4” I.D. to 24” O.D. (102mm I.D. to 610mm O.D.) With the FF Kit your SDB 412 can be used for both end preps and flange facing, making it highly cost effective. Easy to set up, easy to operate and easy to get a perfect weld prep, Wachs SDB 412 is an easy choice in large diameter end prep machine tools. • Corrosion and wear resistant finish applied to external components FAST SETUP • Quick change extension legs use captivated fasteners to mount firmly to mandrel • One adjustment, expandable I.D. mount three leg chuck automatically centers and squares the machine SDB 412 sets up quickly with self centering mandrel and quick change extension legs • Four tool rotating head with large tool • Install or adjust tool bits in seconds • Only 2 hand tools required for setup, both included EASY OPERATION • Convenient on/off motor valve with adjustable hand grip speed control • Infeed hand wheel with indices for precise measurement SDB 412 easily converts to a powerful flange facer with the optional FF kit • Adjustable Feed tension is user adjustable and absorbs torque and reduces operator fatigue • Cast in heavy duty handle for easy transport and secure handling • Set up square in elbows, tees, and valves with optional 3 leg fitting mandrel (included in FF Kit) • SDB 412 quickly converts to FF 424 flange facer with optional FF Kit FF Kit allows flange facing, includes 3 leg mandrel for elbows, tees and valves E.H. WACHS 600 Knightsbridge Parkway | Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069 | 800.323.8185 | T: +1.847.537.8800 Worldwide | F: +1.847.520.1147 ehwachs.com

Open the catalog to page 1
Hydraulic-Kit_Datasheet_403 - 2

DIMENSIONS IN BRACKETS ARE MILLIMETERS I.D. MOUNT END PREP SPECIFICATIONS Machine Function: • Portable, onsite end prep machine to face, bevel, compound bevel, J-Prep and counterbore using up to 4 tools simultaneously • Machine flat face and raised face flanges, Air Requirements: 55 CFM @ 90 PSI (1.553 l/min @ 6.2 BAR) Hydraulic Requirements: 8 GPM @ 1,500 PSI (30.3 l/ min @ 103.4 BAR) Tool RPM: 0 to 30 RPM record grove 500RMS, 250 RMS, 125 RMS and 63 RMS with optional flange facing kit Genuine Wachs Tooling: • Single Point Tooling Holder and Inserts • Machine elbows, tees and valves with •...

Open the catalog to page 2

All WACHS catalogs and technical brochures

1. HDSF-7284-

2 Pages

2. DSF-30

2 Pages

3. DSF-10

2 Pages

4. subsea

9 Pages

5. Rental tools

7 Pages