RIEGL VZ-4000
  1. P. 1

2. P. 2

3. P. 3

4. P. 4

5. P. 5

6. P. 6

Catalog excerpts

3D Very Long Range Terrestrial Laser Scanner with Online Waveform Processing ••very long range up to 4,000 m ••eye safe operation at Laser Class 1 ••wide field of view, 60° x 360° ••high speed data acquisition up to 222,000 meas. / second ••high accuracy, high precision ranging based on echo digitization and online waveform processing ••multiple target capability ••optional waveform data output ••built-in calibrated digital camera ••on-board inclination sensors ••integrated L1 GPS receiver with antenna ••integrated compass ••built-in SSD drive storage ••compact and rugged design • advanced • camera options This 3D VZ-Line Laser Scanner offers superior and unrivaled long range measurement performance up to 4,000 m reflectorless while still maintaining completely eye safe operation (Laser Class 1). RIEGL´s unique V-Line technology is based on echo digitization and online waveform processing and is the key to enabling such extreme long range measurements. The VZ-4000 operates even in poor visibility and demanding multi target situations caused by dust, haze, rain, snow, etc. which are frequently found in difficult environments such as mining sites. Modes of Operation: • stand-alone operation with integrated graphical user interface via 7“ touchscreen • remote control via VNC Viewer with any standard tablet PC or mobile device via WiFi • remote operation with RiSCAN PRO on a notebook via LAN or WiFi connection • customized operation by third party tools / applications based on RIEGL´s well documented interfaces and scanner libraries (e.g., RiVLib). Typical applications include ••Topography & Mining ••Long Range Monitoring ••Civil Engine

Open the catalog to page 1

VZ®-4000 Key Features and Components Extremely Long Range Performance The High-Speed, High-Resolution 3D Laser Scanner RIEGL VZ-4000 offers an extremely long range of more than 4,000 m and a wide field of view of 60° vertical and 360° horizontal. It uses an invisible laser beam for eye safe operation in Laser Class 1. The high accuracy and reliability of range measurement performance is based on RIEGL´s unique V-Line technology of echo digitization and online waveform processing. Extreme long range measurements can be achieved even with poor visibility and demanding multi target situations caused...

Open the catalog to page 2

Operating Elements and Connectors RIEGL VZ®-4000 WLAN antenna carrying handles laser-on indicator high-resolution 7“ color touchscreen 450 laser-on indicator connectors for power supply and LAN interface 10/100/1000 MBit/sec, power off/on button dia 166 Communication and Interfaces • built in LAN port 10/100/1000 MBit/sec within base connector for external GNSS receiver • integrated WLAN interface with high-gain antenna mounting points (3x) and mounting threads inserts (2x) for external digital camera • USB 2.0 for connecting an external digital camera USB and DC power connector for digital camera •...

Open the catalog to page 3

Max. Measurement Range RIEGL VZ®-4000 standard clear atmosphere: visibility 23 km clear atmosphere: visibility 15 km light haze: visibility 8 km medium haze: visibility 5 km terra cotta deciduous trees Target Reflectance [%] Target Reflectance [%] The following conditions are assumed: •• flat target larger than footprint of the laser beam •• perpendicular angle of incidence •• average brightness •• ambiguity resolved by post processing with RiMTA TLS coniferious trees white marble cliffs, sand, masonry terra cotta deciduous trees white plaster work, limestone coniferious trees Target Reflectance...

Open the catalog to page 4

Operation is easy with the integrated graphical user interface via 7” touchscreen, or by remote control of the scanner via VNC Viewer with any tablet PC or mobile device via WiFi connection. Highly efficient scan data acquisition and global registration is supported by on-board inclination sensors, integrated L1 GPS receiver, an interface for a high-end external GNSS receiver on top of the scanner, a digital compass and built-in SSD data storage media. With a visual project overview of acquired scan data, it is possible to ensure complete data coverage or check the progress of a project as it is...

Open the catalog to page 5

Class 1 Laser Product according to IEC 60825-1:2014 The following clause applies for instruments delivered into the United States: Complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11 except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated June 24, 2007 Range Measurement Performance Measuring Principle CLASS 1 I LASER PRODUCT | time of flight measurement, echo signal digitization, online full waveform analysis, multiple-time-around processing, full waveform export capability (optional) single pulse ranging Accuracy 6) 8) Precision 7) 8) Minimum Range Laser Wavelength Laser Beam Divergence 9) Laser Beam...

Open the catalog to page 6

All RIEGL LMS catalogs and technical brochures

1. RIEGL LD05-A10GF

10 Pages

En
  2. RIEGL LD05-HTGF

13 Pages

En
  3. RiACQUIRE

4 Pages

En
  4. RIEGL VUX-1UAV