RIEGL VQ-580
  1. P. 1

2. P. 2

3. P. 3

4. P. 4

5. P. 5

6. P. 6

Catalog excerpts

Airborne Laser Scanner with Online Waveform Processing RIEGL VQ-580 The V-Line® Airborne Laser Scanner RIEGL VQ-580 provides high speed, non-contact data acquisition using a narrow nearinfrared laser beam and a fast line scanning mechanism. High• especially designed to measure on snow & ice • high-accuracy ranging based on echo digitization and online waveform processing • high laser repetition rate fast data acquisition • multiple target capability unlimited number of targets • perfectly linear scan lines • compact, rugged and lightweight design • electrical interfaces for GPS data string and Sync Pulse (1PPS) accuracy laser ranging is based on RIEGL´s unique echo digitization and online waveform processing, which allows achieving superior measurement results even under adverse atmospheric conditions, and the evaluation of multiple target echoes. The scanning mechanism is based on a fast rotating multi-facet polygonal mirror, which provides fully linear, unidirectional and parallel scan lines. The RIEGL VQ-580 is a very compact and lightweight scanner, mountable in any orientation and even under limited space conditions on helicopters or UAVs. The instrument needs only one power supply and provides line scan data via the integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface. The binary data stream can easily be decoded by user-designed software making use of the available software library RiVLib. • mechanical interface for IMU mounting • integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface visit our website e www.riegl.com Airborne Laser Scanning Typical applications include • Glacier Mapping • Snowfield Mapping • Moist Grassland Ma

Open the catalog to page 1

Multiple-time-around Data Acquisition and Processing In time-of-flight laser ranging a maximum unambiguous measurement range exists which is defined by the measurement repetition rate and the speed of light. When scanning at a pulse repetition rate of, e.g., 380 kHz, measurement ranges above approx. 395 m are ambiguous caused by an effect known as “Multiple-time-around” (MTA). In such case target echoes received may not be associated with their preceding laser pulses emitted any longer (MTA-zone 1), but have to be associated with their last but one (MTA-zone 2), or even last but two laser pulses...

Open the catalog to page 2

Affitude = 1650ft AGL Speed = 65 kn Resuiting Point Density ~ 11 pts/m2 MTA1: no ambiguity / 1 transmitted pulse Jn tbe air” MTA2: 2 transmitted pulses Jn tbe air" MTA3: 3 transmitted pulses Jn tbe air" MTA4: 4 transmitted pulses Jn tbe air" 60    70Speed [kn] MTA1: no ambiguity / 1 transmitted pulse Jn tbe air"    @ visibility 23 km MTA2: 2 transmitted pulses Jn tbe air"    @ visibility 15 km Amtude = 1000ft AGL Speed = 65 kn Resuiting Point Density ~ 14.5 pts/m2 The following conditions are assumed: for the Operating Flight Altitude AGL • ambiguity resolved by multiple-time-around (MTA) processing...

Open the catalog to page 3

MTA1: no ambiguity / 1 transmitted pulse Jn ttie air"    @ visibility 23 km MTA2: 2 transmitted pulses Jn ttie air"    — ©visibility 15km Altitude = 1500ft AGL Speed = 65 kn Resulting Point Density ~ 4.7 pts/m2 Target Reflectivity [%] MTA1: no ambiguity / 1 transmitted pulse Jn ttie air"    @ visibility 23 km MTA2: 2 transmitted pulses Jn ttie air"    — ©visibility 15km The following conditions are assumed: for the Operating Flight Altitude AGL • ambiguity resolved by multiple-time-around (MTA) processing & flight planning • target size 3 laser footprint scan angle 60° average ambient brightness roll...

Open the catalog to page 4

bottom view front view side view rear view connectors for power supply and data interfaces 6x mounting slots, dia. 11 mm 8x M8-mounting threads

Open the catalog to page 5

Laser Product Classification    Class 3B Laser Product according to IEC60825-1:2007 The instrument must be used only in combination with the appropriate laser safety box. The following clause applies for instruments delivered into the United States: Complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11 except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated June 24, 2007. Range Measurement Performance Measuring Principle    time of flight measurement, echo signal digitization, online waveform processing Minimum Range 8) Accuracy 9) 11 Precision 10) 11) Laser Pulse Repetition Rate 1) 12) Max. Effective...

Open the catalog to page 6

All RIEGL LMS catalogs and technical brochures

1. RIEGL VQ-580 II

6 Pages

En
  2. RIEGL LD05-A10GF

10 Pages

En
  3. RIEGL LD05-HTGF

13 Pages

En
  4. RiACQUIRE