video corpo

Mining & Construction 2013_1
36Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 1

Mechanized Rock Excavation with Atlas Copco – No 1 / 2013. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atlas Copco celebrates >>> T-WiZ is drillers’ best friend The road to better blasting in South Africa High-tech crushing in Korea

Open the catalog to page 1
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 2

ontinuous access to rock drilling tools is the lifeblood of the mining and construction industries, and the global demand for our products is higher now than at any time in our 140-year history. To meet this unprecedented demand we have been implementing a series of measures that I am pleased to say is starting to benefit our customers worldwide. These measures consist of major investments in three key areas. Firstly, we are increasing our production capacity across the globe. For example, at our plant in Fagersta, Sweden, we have increased the capacity by some 40 percent. This is the...

Open the catalog to page 2
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 3

The fiercely competitive iron mines of South Africa’s Northern Cape Province have two things in common – a strong belief in the future and the way they get their product out of the ground.

Open the catalog to page 3
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 4

Working the iron benches of South Africa: Pit Viper 351 rotary drill rigs at the Kumba Iron Ore mine, and right, a Pit Viper 271 at King mine. Drillers in South Africa’s Northern Cape Province use rotary and DTH technology to maintain high productivity and efficiency on the iron mines’ hard rock benches. hen Jacob Zuma, President of South Africa, announced a major infrastructure upgrade for the west coast it was good news for the iron ore producers of the Northern Cape. When complete, the program will boost freight transport in the region to 100 million tonnes per year which means a...

Open the catalog to page 4
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 5

The Atlas Copco Pit Viper 351 drill rig with the management and marketing team of Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions in Texas while visiting the Sishen mine together with representatives from Atlas Copco South Africa. From left, Daniel Manin, Dennis Stonefield, Willie Botha, Peter Salditt, Johan Goosen, Ben de Beer and Chris van den Heever.

Open the catalog to page 5
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 6

Overview of the massive iron ore mine at Sishen: Pit Viper 351 rigs drill the blastholes while ROC L8 rigs take care of crest drilling at the Sishen mine. In addition, the rigs are equipped with navigation systems and a laser-based, high wall detection device on the side of the cabins for added visibility and safety. One feature of the PV-351 that is particularly appreciated is its easy and rapid tramming capability which contributes to the mine’s flexibility. For short moves between hole positions, the tower can be kept in the upright position but can also be lowered for longer tramming....

Open the catalog to page 6
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 7

Northern Cape miners display their strong belief in the future. Here, Pit Viper 271 drill rigs hard at work at Khumani’s King mine. the type of formation, peneration rate varies widely from 10 – 20 m per hour. The Khumani operation At the King Mine on the Khumani complex, the drilling fleet is dominated by Atlas Copco’s diesel powered Pit Viper 271 rigs. Unlike at Sishen, Khumani chooses to use the high pressure version of the PV-271 with DTH (Down-The-Hole) hammers to tackle the ore beds that are well known for their extreme hardness. However, the ore here is generally well exposed and the...

Open the catalog to page 7
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 8

>>>>> Products & progress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> improve, so does availability – remember, both machines are fairly new to the maintenance crew and most of the operators are in the learning phase.” In the past couple of months, the availabilities of both machines have increased. The ROC L8 operates mostly on outcrops and is exposed to difficult drilling conditions such as uneven floors and weathered rock. Although Khumani’s Bruce Mine is already in full production, and King Mine will reach it this year (2013), Loedolff says that the ROC L8 rigs will still be used in...

Open the catalog to page 8
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 9

MORE HOLES less time Mining & Construction – 1 / 2013 T-WiZ drilling system proves its value in quarrying

Open the catalog to page 9
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 10

New benchmark: The T-WiZ drilling system gives up to 30 per cent longer service life in the Marbäck quarry. All round improvement: Less wear on the threads, easy uncoupling of the rods and fewer rod changes makes the job simple and efficient. At the Marbäck stone quarry in Sweden, the newly arrived T-WiZ drilling system is helping Voglers AB to boost productivity. steep and narrow track runs along the ridge of the Marbäck stone quarry in southern Sweden, leading to the highest point overlooking a crushing facility, an aggregate plant and forests and lakes in the far distance. Perched on...

Open the catalog to page 10
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 11

“T-WiZ represents a huge saving on time, material and effort,” says Frederick Winroth, one of the first drillers in the world to test the new T-thread system.

Open the catalog to page 11
Mining & Construction 2013_1 - 12

>>>>> Bauma 2013 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Construction professionals from around the world will gather in Munich, Germany this April for Bauma 2013 – the 30th trade show devoted to the international construction industry. The show at the New Munich Trade Fair Centre (April 15–21), promises to draw some 400 000 visitors from more than 200 nations – and there’s one booth they will not want to miss. ith more than half a million square meters of exhibition space, the Bauma trade...

Open the catalog to page 12

All Epiroc catalogs and technical brochures

1. Boltec 235

5 Pages

2. ST1030

8 Pages

3. Boltec S

8 Pages

4. Boltec M

5 Pages

5. Boltec E

5 Pages